The Importance and Challenges of Wildfires
The summer season is fast-approaching— take this opportunity to learn about wildfire!
The frequency and intensity of wildfires in BC forests is expected to increase due to conditions created by climate change. We are particularly vulnerable here on the North Shore, where we are surrounded by forests.
Come out to the Library to hear a panel of experts discuss:
- Wildfire and forest ecology
- Infrastructure protection
- Wildfire management
- Protecting homes in the forest interface
Following the presentations, panelists will be available to answer your questions. Hear from:
- Lori Daniels Associate Professor in Forest Dynamics at UBC
- Carol Loski, Manager of Fire Management at BC Wildfire Service
- Bruce Blackwell, Wildfire Ecologist of Blackwell and Associates
- Fiona Dercole, Section Manager Public Safety, Engineering, Parks and Facilities Division, District of North Vancouver.
Register on the North Vancouver District Public Library website, or by calling 604-984-0286, ext. 8144.