Metro's Stage 1 water restrictions are now in effect
In the summer and early fall, water use can double from the rest of the year for swimming pools, growing food, maintaining sports fields, and other social and community-building uses.
But a lot is also used to green our lawns, wash our decks or driveways, and other lower-priority uses.
Metro Vancouver imposes region-wide sprinkling regulations as an effective way to help us use our drinking water wisely.
Watering restrictions during Stage 1
Here are the days and times you can sprinkle your lawn during these summer restrictions.
- Even-numbered street addresses — Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays (4am to 9am)
- Odd-numbered street addresses — Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays (4am to 9am)
- Even-numbered street addresses — Mondays, Wednesdays (1am to 6am)
- Odd-numbered street addresses — Tuesdays, Thursdays (1am to 6am)
- All street addresses — Fridays (4am to 9am)