Share your thoughts on the draft backyard hens bylaw
Council is considering a bylaw that would allow you to keep hens (female chickens) in your back yard, and they would like your input.
The draft bylaw includes these provisions:
- Only 2 – 6 hens allowed (no roosters)
- Hens have to be registered (owners will be able to do it online)
- Hens must be housed in a properly constructed chicken coop
- Hens will only be permitted on properties zoned Single Family Residential
- Coops and food will have to be properly maintained to prevent access by wildlife or other animals
Please take a few minutes to review the draft bylaw, and then tell us what you think.
You have until April 7, 2017 to share your views.