Councillor Doug MacKay-Dunn
Doug MacKay-Dunn is a former chair of the North Vancouver Board of Education and has been a member of Council since 1999. He has lived in North Vancouver for 30 years, and he and his wife, Doreen, have two daughters.
The recipient of numerous commendations and awards for community service, Councillor Mackay-Dunn's thirty-year career with the Vancouver Police Department has honed his strong sense of community building through cooperation and teamwork.
He is a strong advocate of detoxification and rehabilitation programs for drug abuse victims — with increased support for their families — believing that such support reduces violent crimes and property crimes, and dramatically improves the community’s safety and quality of life.
In addition, Councillor MacKay-Dunn believes that a North Shore strategic plan will provide necessary services, while ensuring both economic and environmental sustainability for all five North Shore municipalities, and feels that it is time to build on the work of last term's Blue Ribbon Committee and conduct a cost benefit analysis of the reunification question for the entire North Shore — a community of less than 200 thousand souls.
- Finance and Audit Committee
- North Vancouver Police Committee
- Advisory Oversight Committee
- Community Monitoring Advisory Committee
- North Shore Advisory Committee on Disability Issues
- North Shore Substance Abuse Working Group
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority/North Shore Liaison Group
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- GVRD Board (Alternate)
- Housing Committee - Metro Vancouver
- Substance abuse
Stay in touch
- Phone: 604-202-4809
- Email: email@example.com