Request a proclamation
Do you have an event that you would like residents to know more about through a proclamation? Let us know.
What to include in your proclamation request:
- Contact person's name, address,and phone number
- A brief summary and/or background of the event
- The name and date(s) of the day, week, month, or event to be proclaimed
- Proposed text for the proclamation, including "Whereas" clauses
- A date when the proclamation is needed
How to submit a proclamation request
Submit your proclamation request by mail or email to the Mayor's Office at District Hall.
Guidelines for proclamations
The Mayor reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation or to make exception to the following guidelines:
- Proclamations recognize a day, week, or month
- A four week notice is required to provide proclamations
- Any draft language provided may be edited or rewritten at the discretion of the Mayor's Office