2010 Marine Drive / 1633 Capilano Road (Grouse Inn)
We have received a development permit application for this project.
The application proposes:
- 263 residential units split between a 19 storey and a 23 storey building
- commercial space, including a small supermarket, a restaurant, and some retail units
- approximately 415 parking spaces on two levels underground
- a public plaza at the corner of Capilano Road and Marine Drive
- land for a new pocket park on Curling Road
- land for road improvements
Current status and progress updates
December 31, 2016 — Under review
This project is currently under review. We anticipate receiving a revised submission sometime in the new year.
September 21, 2016 — Public information meeting
Pacific Gate Investments held a public information meeting for neighbours regarding their detailed development permit application.
Residents learned how plans for the development have been refined — such as the addition of retail space suitable for a small supermarket — since rezoning was approved in 2014.
July 15, 2016 — Development permit application
We received the detailed development permit application for this project, and staff are currently reviewing it.
November 3, 2014 — Rezoning approved
Council approved the rezoning of the Grouse Inn site. You can review the related staff report to Council in the 'photos, drawings, renderings, documents' tab.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is:
- located in Lions Gate Village on the northwest corner of Capilano Road and Marine Drive
- approximately 2.6 acres (1.056 hectares)
- the current location of the Grouse Inn Hotel and adjacent vacant gas station
This site has been rezoned to Comprehensive Development Zone 81 (CD81).
The proposed development is in accordance with the objectives for Capilano Village in the District's Official Community Plan (OCP), and with the approved zoning.
Photos, drawings, renderings, documents
Select any image to view a larger size.
November 3, 2014 — Rezoning adopted by Council
- Review the adoption report and associated bylaw (starts on page 33)
May 26, 2014 — Rezoning proposal presented to Council
- Review the staff report that summarizes the proposal (starts on page 35)