1210-1260 West 16th Street
Cornerstone Architecture has submitted a preliminary application to rezone this site in order to redevelop the property.
The application as submitted proposes:
- a four storey condominium with 31 units
- a four storey rental building with 31 units
- 93 parking spaces in an underground parkade
There is no commercial space proposed.
Current status and progress updates
September 13, 2016 — Under review
Staff have received the preliminary application, and are currently reviewing it.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is on the north side of West 16th Street. There are currently six single-family homes on the property. There is commercial use to the north and east, along with residential — primarily multi-family rental and strata, duplexes, town houses, and single detached homes — to the west, north, and south.
Current land use designation
The land is currently designated Residential Level 5: Low Density Apartment in the Official Community Plan (OCP).
If the application proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
Approximately 2,944 sq. m. (31,691 sq. ft.), with a floor space ratio (FSR) of 1.75