1502-1546 Oxford Street (Creekstone Care Centre)
Trellis Seniors Services has submitted an application to rezone this property in order to develop a seniors' care centre.
The application as submitted proposes:
- 6 storey building with 180 units
- 35 underground parking spaces
There is no commercial space proposed.
Current status and progress updates
January 31, 2017 — Detailed application received
Staff have received the detailed application for this project, and are currently reviewing it.
August, 2016 — Preliminary application concluded
Staff have concluded the preliminary application for this project, and are waiting for the developer to submit a detailed application.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
There are eight single family homes on the site currently. There are commercial businesses to the west, and single family homes to the north, east, and south. The single family homes are designated for future multifamily developments in the OCP.
Access and other details
The application proposes:
- a new multi-use path on Oxford Street
- a new bike lane on Mountain Highway
- a 5m land dedication on the east side of the site for the future "green spine" through Lynn Creek Town Centre
Current land use designation
The land is currently designated Residential Level 5: Low Density Apartment in the OCP
If the application proceeds, it will require:
- An OCP amendment
It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Creek hazard
The proposed floor space ratio is 2.67