1923-1959 Purcell Way (Lynnmour South)
Woodbridge Northwest has applied to redevelop this property.
The detailed application as submitted proposes:
- 60 owned townhomes
- 124 owned condominium units
- a student housing building on Capilano University's land that will provide housing for about 60 students
- about 303 parking spaces on site, plus student parking on Capilano University's land
- a new amenity building that will be shared with this project and the existing building to the west
Current status and progress updates
Public information meeting
The applicant will hold a public information meeting in the fall of 2017. This will be an opportunity for residents to talk to the applicant and District staff, ask questions about the project, and express their views.
July 14, 2017 — Detailed application received
Staff have received the detailed application, and are currently reviewing it.
November 16, 2016 — Early public input opportunity
The applicant hosted a public meeting as an opportunity for area residents to ask questions and share their thoughts on the preliminary proposal.
November 8, 2016 — Preliminary application received
Staff have received the preliminary application and are reviewing it.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is currently occupied by a 90-unit private strata complex constructed in 1973.
Current land use designation
The Official Community Plan (OCP) designates this site as Residential Level 5: Low Density Apartment (RES5).
If the project proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
The floor space ratio (FSR) is approximately 1.75.
The proposal includes a new pool room and amenity space for both the proposed project and the adjacent complex to share.