Aquatic area permit
You need an aquatic area permit to do any work within a stream corridor, waterfront, or in a wetland. This includes removing vegetation.
Who can apply
Only the property owner, or someone authorized by the owner to do the work, can apply for this permit.
How to apply
To apply for an aquatic area permit:
- Review the requirements on this page
- Prepare electronic copies of any required documents
- Complete the online application form
The application form will open in a new tab so you can continue to view this page without having to exit the form.
Important to know before you apply
- You must receive your permit before the work can begin
- If the work is related to a building permit, we will not issue your aquaatic area permit until the building permit has been issued
- If you are a business authorized by the property owner to do this work, you must have a valid business licence in the District
You'll be asked to include electronic copies of these supporting documents with your application:
- Owner authorization form (if you are doing the work on behalf of the property owner)
- Legal topographical survey
- Site plan
- Any other documents you think are relevant to this work or application
Be sure you have prepared these documents before you start your application. You won't be able to save a partially completed application form and return to complete it later.
After you submit your application
- We'll review your application and contact you if we need additional information
- Once your application has been processed, we'll email you a link to pay the permit fee online. If you prefer not to pay online, you can pay by credit, debit, cash, or cheque by coming to District Hall in person
- After payment is received and all applicable reviews have been completed, we will contact you
The cost of an aquatic area permit is $405.00