Trades and other permits you may need

We require permits to make sure that work on your home is done safely. This protects you, your neighbours, and anyone who may purchase the home from you in the future.

If you are the homeowner, you can apply for — and do the required work — for most permits, with some exceptions. In these exceptions, you will need to hire a licensed and qualified contractor to get the permit and do the work.

Any work done with a permit will need to be inspected by the District.