Sustainability Grants Program
The Sustainability Grants Program provides funds to support small-scale, community-based environment and sustainability projects that can help reach our climate action and ecosystem health goals.
There is a total of $30,000 available for 2022, and we anticipate successful projects will receive approximately $1,000 to $5,000.
We are looking for community-led projects that address challenges in one or more of the following categories:
|Project category||Goal||Project example (s)|
|Low carbon buildings and energy use reduction||Reduce energy and emissions in existing buildings.||
|Low carbon and active transportation||Address vehicle congestion, support active modes of transportation, and focus on safety for vulnerable road users.||
|Zero waste||Shifting towards zero waste and a circular economy.||
|Healthy ecosystems||Working to restore, enhance, and protect the District’s natural ecosystems.||
|Climate adaptation and resilience||Make our community more adaptive and resilient to the impacts of climate change.||
Who can apply
- Registered not-for-profit societies
- Unincorporated local community associations
- Groups and service clubs
The deadline to submit your application is October 24, 2022.
Detailed application guidance and program information
Below is a summary of the application process. For a more detailed look at the application process, the grant program, and how we evaluate applications, download the Sustainability Grants Program Terms of Reference.
How do I apply for a grant?
Before you apply
Before you start your application, we strongly encourage you to contact us to discuss your proposal. Call Bo Ocampo, Environmental Sustainability Specialist, at 604-990-2242, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you're ready to apply
1. Complete the Sustainability Grants Program Application Form. In your application, you should provide:
- an outline of the innovative means to contribute to the District’s social and environmental sustainability in one or more of the categories outlined above
- clear project goals and objectives
- an action plan with attainable goals for timing, delivery, and resources
- evidence of community support and inclusiveness
- evidence of financial need and fiscal responsibility
2. Submit the completed application form by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
- Bo Ocampo, Environmental Sustainability Specialist, 355 W Queens Rd., North Vancouver, BC V7N 4N5
What happens after I apply
We’ll notify you about the application result within six weeks following the final submission date.
Successful applicants will need to submit two reports using our reporting form:
- Interim report, submitted six months after receiving initial funding
- Final report, submitted within 12 months of receiving funding
For questions related to the Sustainability Grants Program, contact us as early as possible at 604-990-2242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reaching our climate action and environmental health goals
We're taking action in six key areas to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, protect and enhance ecosystem health and biodiversity, and improve our resilience to climate change.