Where to stay cool during extreme heat
When Environment Canada issues a heat warning for this region, you are advised to stay cool and hydrated.
Across the District, there are many facilities and amenities you can visit to help you beat the heat. Avoid heat-related illness by finding ways to stay cool and taking steps to protect yourself, your family, and your pets.
Places to cool down indoors
If you need a place to escape the heat, try visiting a North Vancouver District Public Library branch or a Community Recreation Centre, where you can cool down and access water-filling stations.
- Lynn Valley Library (1277 Lynn Valley Rd)
- Capilano Library (3045 Highland Blvd)
- Parkgate Library (3675 Banff Crt)
Community Recreation Centres
- Ron Andrews (931 Lytton St)
- Parkgate (3625 Banff Ct)
- Karen Magnussen (2300 Kirkstone Rd)
- Delbrook (851 West Queens Rd)
- Lions Gate (1733 Lions Gate Ln)
Places to cool down outdoors
There are a number of parks and other outdoor facilities across the District that feature fountains, water refill stations, and even spray parks, where you can stay cool and hydrated.
For immediate assistance
If you require emergency services, please call 9-1-1 for police, fire and ambulance assistance.