Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
COVID-19 safety measures for Council meetings
We've made a number of adjustments to our Council meeting process to ensure we are complying with provincial safety standards, including:
- Safe social distancing among attendees, with a maximum of 17 audience members permitted to be in the chambers at any one time
- Appointing a front foyer area facilitator to screen visitors and hand out temporary face masks
- Requiring everyone who would like to speak at a meeting, or simply just attend, to register in advance with the Municipal Clerk
- Creating a one-way flow of traffic throughout Council chambers
- Disinfecting speaker's desk after each use
- Mandating attendees to use face masks when unable to maintain safe social distancing
Attending and participating in meeting in person or virtually
Starting September 14, 2020, you can attend Council meetings and workshops in person or watch them live online.
If you would like to sign up to speak in person, virtually, or attend the meeting in person as a non-speaking observer, you must email the Municipal Clerk at email@example.com before 12pm noon on the day of the meeting.
Find out more about the rules and requirements for attending or speaking at Council meetings in person or virtually.