'Free the Tree' ivy pull, Lynn Canyon Park
Join us for the first of a three-part event series, where we will focus on tackling invasive ivy growing up trees in three of our District's parks.
This first event stems from one enthusiastic Lynn Valley resident's desire to see Lynn Canyon rid of invasive ivy. Help her achieve this goal by joining us on Bear Trail to tackle ivy growing up the trees and on the ground.
We will be planting trees and shrubs in the cleared area as well.
- suitable clothing for the weather and activity
We will provide light snacks, refreshments, and tools.
Want to know more?
To get more details about this volunteer event, please contact us:
Trail & Habitat Coordinator
Community & Natural Parkland Coordinator
Interested in volunteering regularly in our local parks?
We have a range of volunteer opportunities suitable for people of all ages:
- Invasive plant pulls and native plant restoration
- Litter pick-ups and creek clean-ups
- Trail maintenance and building
- Fulfilling high school volunteer hours