View a list of all permits and licences

Search for a permit or licence

Street use permit

You need a temporary street use permit if you are going to temporarily obstruct all or a portion of any lane of traffic, parking lane, alley, sidewalk, or boulevard. 

Tree permit

You need a tree permit if you want to remove any tree that is larger than 75cm (30") in diameter, when measured 1.3 metres (4.3 ') above ground level, or a tree that is protected. 

Water restrictions and lawn sprinkling permits

Metro Vancouver imposes lawn sprinkling regulations for everyone from May 1 to October 15. You can apply for a lawn sprinkling permit, which gives you a temporary exemption from the restrictions. Learn more and apply.

Wildfire Hazard Development Permit Area (DPA)

If your property is within a Wildfire Hazard Development DPA, you may need a permit to build or develop the land. View the map for this DPA, and review the requirements.


Was this page helpful?

Thanks for your input.