Watch meetings and hearings live online
District Council meetings are held in a hybrid format with a combination of in-person and online participation by some or all Council members, staff, and the public.
Watching a meeting on Zoom
To watch a Council meeting, workshop, or public hearing, simply click or tap the meeting link. When the Zoom meeting page opens, you may be asked to enter the meeting ID provided:
Meeting link: https://dnvorg.zoom.us/j/67910218298
Meeting ID: 679 1021 8298
If you have difficulty connecting to the meeting, please call 604-990-2211 for assistance.
If you are unable to view the meeting on Zoom using a computer, you can phone in to the meeting to hear it live. Call 1-778-907-2071 and use Meeting ID: 679 1021 8298.
Providing your input in a meeting on Zoom
If you'd like to speak at a virtual Council meeting or public hearing, you must email the Municipal Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org before 3pm on the day of the meeting. The Municipal Clerk will then contact speakers with instructions on participating virtually.
Here is how you'll participate during the meeting:
- You'll be admitted to the Zoom meeting as an 'attendee,' which means you'll be able to observe the meeting and use the 'raise hand' function
- When it's your time to speak, the mayor will call on you, and your microphone will be turned on
- If you indicated when you signed up to speak that you have a presentation to share, or need to use the video function, staff will promote you to 'panelist' (and then return you to 'attendee' status when you're done)
- Do not exit any browser or window while staff are moving you between 'panelist' and 'attendee,' as this will remove you from the meeting
- If at any point you are disconnected, please reconnect using the meeting link above
Other ways you can participate
If you can't attend a meeting live on Zoom to provide input, you can share your thoughts with Mayor and Council in writing at any time. Send your submission to email@example.com