2017 Civic Recognition Award recipients announced
Last night, Mayor Walton and Council presented Civic Recognition Awards to a number of DNV residents to honour their commitment to helping make the District a great place to live, work, and play.
The annual civic award recognition program honours individuals or organizations who, through their exceptional personal or public efforts, have made a significant contribution to the quality of life in the District.
Congratulations to all of this year's recipients, and thank you for all that you do.
This year's recipients
Award of Honour
The Award of Honour recognizes individuals or organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the community, including significant achievements in sports, science, and culture, either within the District, the Province, nationally or internationally. It can also include significant acts of philanthropy or heroism.
- Christine Miller — outstanding commitment to leadership and safety education at the North Shore Black Bear Society and in the community
- Mick Maguire — outstanding commitment to the North Shore Triathlon and promoting active and healthy living in the community.
- Sharing Abundance — outstanding commitment to providing high-quality, nutritious meals and creating the opportunities to build community ties.
The Achievement Award is presented to individuals, teams, or groups who achieve provincial, national, or international recognition in the areas of sports or culture, or perform a noteworthy deed which is considered a benefit to the community.
- Jan Lander — outstanding commitment to salmon enhancement and Streamkeeper programs in our community.
- Doug Hayman — outstanding commitment to salmon enhancement and Streamkeeper programs in our community.
- Kulvir Mann — outstanding commitment to leadership and safety at Canyon Height Elementary and in the community.
Certificate of Appreciation
The Certificate of Appreciation recognizes the commitment and contribution that a person or organization made towards the District of North Vancouver.
- Lana MacArthur – for outstanding response to an emergency and commitment to keeping the children of Highlands Elementary safe.