Tuesday, Dec 20, 2022
Following heavy and persistent snowfall, some areas in the District have received over 20cm of snow. Crews are working 24/7 to try and clear priority routes but conditions are making this extremely challenging. Please stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary.
Roads and travel
- District crews are still working on clearing Priority 1 vehicle routes
- TransLink buses are disrupted or suspended across the North Shore
- BCHydro is responding to two significant power outages due to downed trees in the Capilano and Edgemont area, north of Highway 1
Garbage and organics collection cancelled
Due to the heavy snowfall, Zone 2 garbage and organics collection is cancelled today (Tuesday, December 20). Please remove your carts from the curb and re-set them out on your next scheduled collection day.
- See details about how we remove snow and to view our priority routes
- Sign-up to receive your collection schdeule and alerts on your mobile phone
- Check DriveBC for the latest highway road conditions
- Report an outage and find current outages on BC Hydro's website
- Follow us on social media for the latest updates on roads in the District