Tips for handling extra springtime yard waste
The start of the outdoor spring cleanup season often means more yard waste.
When you are filling up your carts after pruning, mowing, raking and cleaning flower beds, please remember:
- All organic materials must fit inside your carts. Paper yard waste bags and bundles of branches set beside the carts will not be collected.
- If you need extra organics capacity, you can order additional carts through the form on our website (fees apply for three or more organics carts).
- If an organics cart is too heavy to move, please lighten the load, or split the weight into two organics carts.
- All carts are subject to the set-out time requirements. Organics and garbage carts must be stored securely on your property until putting them out between 5:30am and 7:30am on collection day
- Storing carts inside sheds or garages is encouraged