Community Advisory Panel (Chemtrade Logistics, ERCO Worldwide, Terrapure Environmental, and Univar Solutions)
The Community Advisory Panel (CAP) provides a forum for the open and mutual exchange of ideas and concerns between the companies and local communities in Maplewood and surrounding areas.
It serves as a focus group and resource for the companies and community members on issues of mutual concern including safety, health, and the environment.
The CAP has a diversity of membership including North Shore Emergency Management, the Port, DNV, Wild Bird Trust and various community associations as well as individual community members.
CAP is open to any member of the community who wishes to participate in achieving CAP goals while respecting the Guiding Principles and Terms of Reference.
The CAP works to develop an understanding of the companies’ activities as they affect the neighboring communities for the education of all concerned citizens.
The CAP does not usurp regulatory functions, local government controls, or other government procedures in place for public safety, health and environmental protection, or replace ongoing involvement between the companies and the surrounding community.
Meeting minutes and related documents
CAP holds five meetings per year between September and June, usually on the third Tuesday of the month from 5:30pm to 8pm.
Here are minutes and other documents from their meetings. For more information, please contact the CAP facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.515.0115.
- November 20, 2018 minutes, Presentation 1 (Port of Vancouver), Presentation 2 (Univar)
- October 11, 2018 minutes
- June 19, 2018 minutes, June 19, 2018 presentation, and CAP evaluation 2017/2018 (June 19, 2018)
- April 3, 2018 minutes and April 3, 2018 presentation
- February 22, 2018 minutes
- November 21, 2017 minutes
- September 26, 2017 minutes and September 26, 2017 presentation
- June 20, 2017 minutes and CAP evaluation 2016/2017 (June 20, 2017)
- May 21, 2017 minutes
- January 16, 2017 minutes