Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Finance and Audit Standing Committee
The Finance and Audit Standing Committee provides financial oversight on behalf of Council.
- Recommend the appointment of the External Auditor for the municipality to Council
- Receive annual Audited Financial statements and External Auditor’s report and recommends to Council for approval
- Receive Internal Auditor’s reports for information Reviews Internal Audit Plan annually with the Internal Auditor and provide input and direction
- Receive and respond to audit reports issued by the Auditor General for Local Government
- Review and approve Corporate Financial Policies
- Receive Chief Financial Officer’s report on operations quarterly
- Report to Council on the Committee’s financial governance activities annually
- Recommend to the CAO and CFO specific assignments in relation to financial governance
Upcoming meeting notice
- Mayor Mike Little
- Councillor Mathew Bond
Councillor Betty Forbes