Rental, Social and Affordable Housing Task Force
Are you concerned about housing affordability in the District? Join like-minded community members on our new Rental, Social and Affordable Housing Task Force, and help Council explore innovative local solutions.
The goal of this new task force is to explore and identify local government housing solutions, and make recommendations to Council.
Areas you'll be exploring will be related to (but not limited to):
- retention and maintenance of rental buildings, social housing, and affordable housing such as older strata buildings
- the District's housing continuum
- tenant relocation policies
- providing housing diversity
- housing definitions
Please join us!
This is a new task force, and we are currently seeking members to serve two-year terms.
Deadline to apply has been extended to April 26, 2019
Membership will represent a cross-section of the District, and include:
- 1 person who is currently renting
- 1 person currently living in social housing
- 1 senior
- 1 student
- 1 representative for people with disabilities
- 1 owner of a unit in an existing older strata building
- 2 representatives from the not-for-profit housing sector
- 1 representative from BC Housing
- 1 representative from the development / construction sector with experience in rental, social and affordable housing
- 1 representative from the community at large
With the exception of the representatives from the not-for-profit housing sector, BC Housing and the development / construction sector, all other appointees must be, and remain, current residents of the District of North Vancouver.