Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Why work for the District?
To help our staff remain current in their fields, we offer a variety of in-house training resources, as well as subsidized education and membership opportunities.
Supporting the career development of our employees ensures we have the best skills to serve our communities.
At the District, we understand the benefit of wellness in our employee’s lives.
We take a comprehensive approach to providing employees with meaningful education, easy-to-use tools, and fun events that promote healthy lifestyles at work and at home, which is key in developing an engaged and energized organizational culture.
Available wellness programs
Programs and services we offer include:
- an employee and family assistance program, available to staff 24/7, which includes counseling services, career and personal planning resources, fitness and nutrition consulting, education and tools
- yoga and meditation classes
- subsidized fitness memberships plus a variety of employee established exercise groups
- fitness and wellness workshops, events and programs aimed at all levels of fitness
- commuting options to reduce your carbon footprint
Our staff play a key role in delivering the best possible service to the communities we serve. Recognizing a job well done is an important way we can say thanks.
We recognize our employees' hard work in a number of ways:
- Employee appreciation events — We hold events regularly to celebrate the ongoing commitment staff exhibit in serving the community.
- Star Program — The Star Program provides staff the chance to recognize each other for outstanding day-to-day service via thank-you cards. Staff are also nominated in a variety of areas for yearly awards recognizing service and innovation excellence.
- Service recognition —The Years of Service program has been designed to recognize and honour employees celebrating service milestones of 5, 10, and 15 years.
- Long Service Awards — Staff with 20, 25, 30+ years with the District are invited to a dinner celebration and presented with a special gift in recognition of their contributions and time spent at the District.
Compensation and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive extended health and dental package.