Hold an event in a park

Are you interested in hosting a race, trail, or community event in a park or public space? All park events need to be booked in advance, and are subject to availability.

Community festivals and special events

Community events in parks and public open spaces are booked through the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission (NVRC).​

How the application process works

  1. Submit your application or proposal to the Community Events office.
  2. NVRC reviews your application to make sure it's suitable for the proposed location, capacity of the proposed park, and a number of other considerations.
  3. Your application is then forwarded to the Parks Manager for review and approval.
  4. NVRC informs you of your approval status. If approved, the permit process begins.

Get more details, and apply to hold an event in a park

Picnics, weddings/wedding photos, school events, nature walks

Wedding ceremonies and photo shoots, nature walks, and other similar outdoor activities are booked through the North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission. You can apply online.

Apply to have a wedding, school event, or nature walk in a park

Sports fields and sports events

All individuals, groups, or teams who want to play on a North Vancouver sports field must have a confirmed booking with the North Vancouver Recreation Commission.

Apply online to book a sports field

Special occasions where liquor will be served

If you are holding an event where you would like to serve liquor — such as a beer garden — you will need to apply for a Special Event Permit through the provincial website.

Was this page helpful?

Thanks for your input.