New community recreation centre in Lynn Creek
The Lynn Creek Community Recreation Centre at 1401 Hunter Street is located in the heart of the new Lynn Creek Town Centre and will open its doors in early 2024.
Features of the new centre include:
- A full-sized gymnasium that can be used for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball
- Automated book vending machine/express library operated by North Vancouver District Public Libraries (NVDPL)
- Community spaces, meeting rooms, 'living' room with comfortable seating areas, collaborative space and kitchen for gatherings and classes
- Multipurpose spaces for family, youth and senior programs
- 37 childcare spaces for infants, toddlers, and 3 - 5 year olds, operated by the Parkgate Society
News and status updates
The construction project will be sent out for contractors to bid on starting early 2023.
The new Lynn Creek Community and Recreation Centre will open its doors in early 2024.
The centre is located on the southwest corner of Hunter Street and Mountain Highway.
The front doors will face out to the newly constructed, pedestrian-friendly Hunter Street as well as Seylynn Park.
North Vancouver Recreation and Culture will operate this District-owned facility, and will work with North Vancouver District Public Libraries to provide a wide array of recreation, cultural, and community services to the public.
Visiting the centre
Conveniently located within the heart of Lynn Creek Town Centre, the new community recreation centre will be easily accessible for residents in the area traveling by foot or bicycle. There will also be 49 parking stalls in the underground parkade, specifically designated for the centre.