Sports courts strategy
Do you play tennis, pickleball, basketball, lacrosse or any other sport in our courts?
We are looking at our inventory of outdoor sports courts in the District, and we need your input to help us plan for future needs.
The survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their experiences and preferences with us. Your input is valuable to us and will help us to develop a new sport court strategy. A summary report of results will be posted here once the data analysis is complete.
Sport court inventory
We have the following courts distributed across the District within neighbourhood and community parks that support tennis, pickleball, basketball, lacrosse, roller hockey, and other casual uses as standalone amenities or in multi-sport court configurations:
- 42 hard-surfaced tennis courts
- 13 pickleball courts (11 standalone and 2 shared)
- 1 community-level multi-purpose court (including a half-size basketball court and enclosed multi-purpose sports court)
- 3 neighbourhood level multi-purpose court areas that permit a combination of basketball, ball hockey and biking
- 4 lacrosse boxes
Recently completed upgrades
To better accommodate all sport court users, we have recently completed the following upgrades at local parks:
- Pemberton: Resurfacing tennis court
- Grouse Woods: Resurfacing and repair works at Grousewood Courts