Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
You need a blasting permit if you want to blast any rock on any private or District property.
Who can apply
Either the blasting contractor or the blaster (with a letter of authorization from the blasting contractor) can apply for this permit.
How to apply
You must apply in person at the District Hall building department counter. You will need a:
- valid business licence with the District
- completed application form from the building department
- copy of a valid blasting certificate issued by the Workers’ Compensation Board
- certificate of insurance that:
- demonstrates public liability and property damage insurance
- protects the blasting contractor, blaster, property owner, and District against liability for loss or damage to people or property
- remains in-force while the permit is valid