Blasting permit

You need a blasting permit if you want to blast any rock on any private or District property.

Who can apply

Either the blasting contractor or the blaster (with a letter of authorization from the blasting contractor) can apply for this permit.

How to apply

Please email the Development Services team to request your application:

You will need a:

  • valid business licence with the District
  • completed application form from the building department
  • copy of a valid blasting certificate issued by the Workers’ Compensation Board
  • certificate of insurance that:
    • demonstrates public liability and property damage insurance
    • protects the blasting contractor, blaster, property owner, and District against liability for loss or damage to people or property
    • remains in-force while the permit is valid


Get complete details in the fees and charges bylaw