You need a blasting permit if you want to blast any rock on any private or District property.
Who can apply
Either the blasting contractor or the blaster (with a letter of authorization from the blasting contractor) can apply for this permit.
How to apply
Please apply by email to the Development Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, you'll need to include a:
- valid business licence with the District
- completed blasting permit application form
- completed DNV Blasting Permit Indemnification Agreement
- copy of a valid blasting certificate issued by the Workers’ Compensation Board
- certificate of insurance that:
- demonstrates public liability and property damage insurance in the amounts of $1,000,000 and $500,000 respectively (refer to the Blasting Bylaw for more information)
- protects the blasting contractor, blaster, property owner, and District against liability for loss or damage to people or property
- remains in-force while the permit is valid
- copy of the soil permit covering the blasting work or a completed soil permit application form