You need a blasting permit if you want to blast any rock on any private or District property.
Who can apply
Either the blasting contractor or the blaster (with a letter of authorization from the blasting contractor) can apply for this permit.
How to apply
You must apply in person at the District Hall building department counter. You will need a:
- valid business licence with the District
- completed application form from the building department
- copy of a valid blasting certificate issued by the Workers’ Compensation Board
- certificate of insurance that:
- demonstrates public liability and property damage insurance
- protects the blasting contractor, blaster, property owner, and District against liability for loss or damage to people or property
- remains in-force while the permit is valid