Find out more about our COVID-19 response and supports for residents and businesses.
Highway construction and planting permit
You need a permit or District approval if you want to:
- build a fence, planter box, retaining wall, ornamental lighting, or benches
- install any hard surface that does not absorb water (other than replacing an existing driveway)
- install anything that alters the natural grade
- put up decorative street numbers or signs
- plant a bush, shrub, ornamental plant, or ground cover that is likely to be taller than 0.9 metres
- plant a tree or hedge
- make changes to or build a new driveway, walkway, or stairs
- install or replace a culvert
- install or decommission boreholes or monitoring wells
How to apply
To apply for a Highway Construction and Planting Permit, download the appropriate application form and submit it, along with any additional required documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee for this permit is $102.
Application forms, checklists, documents
General construction and gardening
For boulevard or landscaping work, driveway changes, or culvert changes, submit this application form:
Not the homeowner? You'll also need to submit this form:
Boreholes and monitoring wells
For boreholes or monitoring wells, submit this application form and any other required documents: