Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Highway construction and planting permit
You need a permit or District approval if you want to:
- build a fence, planter box, retaining wall, ornamental lighting, or benches
- install any hard surface that does not absorb water (other than replacing an existing driveway)
- install anything that alters the natural grade
- put up decorative street numbers or signs
- plant a bush, shrub, ornamental plant, or ground cover that is likely to be taller than 0.9 metres
- plant a tree or hedge
- make changes to or build a new driveway, walkway, or stairs
How to apply
- Submit your request in writing to the Transportation Engineering section for review
- The details should include a description of the proposed construction and/or planting, including construction or maintenance details
- A detailed plan drawn to scale showing the proposed construction or planting
Email all of the document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee for this permit is $100.