Child care grant program
We provide grants to registered non-profit child care providers who are located in the District, or who provide a unique service on the North Shore that benefits District families.
Grant applicants should be innovative, enhance childcare, and address our child care priorities, which are determined by the Childcare Grants Committee each year.
How to apply
A link to the online application form will be available here once the application period opens in mid-February, 2023.
Who can apply
To be eligible for a child care grant, your facility must be in the District of North Vancouver, or offer a unique service on the North Shore for District families.
Your organization must also:
- be a registered non-profit society in good standing with the Registrar of Companies for at least one year, or be sponsored by a registered non-profit society in good standing for at least one year
- have a volunteer independent governing body
- extend its services to the general public in the District, and not exclude anyone by reason of race, religion, or ethnic background
- not act as a funding body or make grants to any other groups or organizations
- be forming partnerships and seeking monies from other funding sources, or contributing your own funds (money or in-kind) to the project, when appropriate
- have submitted all accountability forms on time, if previously funded
Our grant priorities
We will give priority to new or innovative proposals that address these issues:
- Infant/toddler care
- School age child care (before and after school care) including care for 9-12 year old
- Flexible and/or non-traditional hours of care
- Supported child care/Special Needs Care
- Supports to vulnerable families (not direct financial aid such as bursaries or subsidized care)
- Caregiver/parent education (priority will be given to organizations that are working collaboratively to serve multiple groups of parents and caregivers within a community)
Not sure if your idea fits?
If you have a good idea, but not sure if it fits with our priorities, please get in touch.
Community Planning Department