Find out more about our COVID-19 response.
Community building grants: Connecting neighbours and communities
We provide grants of $50-$500 to help residents, neighbourhood groups, and community groups strengthen their communities by bringing their neighbours together.
In conjunction with other municipalities, we are temporarily suspending funding for block parties. While we understand the importance of community connections during these times, we must exercise caution and comply with the provincial order restricting mass gatherings.
Activities that qualify for grant funding
Our grant program supports activities that:
- increase communication and engagement with residents, such as newsletters, online communication, and community forums
- improve a neighbourhood's physical surroundings, such as boulevard and community gardens, wall murals, signage
- address local issues, such as community education events or stream or shore clean ups
- develop and strengthen relationships within the community or neighbourhood, such as block parties
Who can apply
- We require two residents from the same neighbourhood — but not the same address — to apply for this grant together
- We also accept applications from community and neighbourhood groups
- We do not accept applications from registered non-profit organizations
How to apply
To apply for a community building grant, download the application form, which includes the full list of requirements.
Community Planning Department