Community building grants: Connecting neighbours and communities
We provide grants of $50-$500 to help residents, neighbourhood groups, and community groups strengthen their communities by bringing their neighbours together.
Activities that qualify for grant funding
Our grant program supports activities that:
- increase communication and engagement with residents, such as newsletters, online communication, and community forums
- improve a neighbourhood's physical surroundings, such as boulevard and community gardens, wall murals, signage
- address local issues, such as community education events or stream or shore clean ups
- develop and strengthen relationships within the community or neighbourhood, such as block parties
Who can apply
- We require two residents from the same neighbourhood — but not the same address — to apply for this grant together
- We also accept applications from community and neighbourhood groups
- We do not accept applications from registered non-proft organizations
How to apply
To apply for a community building grant, download the application form, which includes the full list of requirements.
Cristina Rucci, Social Planner