Building zone permit

You need a temporary building zone permit to reserve a portion of the roadway next to a new development, demolition, or renovation.

This allows you to place site offices or containers, or store building materials or equipment, on any lane of traffic, parking lane, alley, sidewalk, or boulevard.

Who this permit is for

This permit is primarily for development contractors.

How to apply

To get a temporary building zone permit, download and submit an application form, along with a traffic management plan, if required.


$123 plus occupancy fee, based on the area of the building zone. Fees are calculated at $0.25/m2/day.

Documents, forms, checklists

Download complete requirements and an application form

Learn how to make and submit a traffic management plan