District Hall remains closed for most in-person visits, while community recreation centres, libraries, facilities, parks, and parking lots are reopening carefully as it becomes safe to do so.
Public transit is a fundamental component of a healthy, livable, and complete community.
Transit is an efficient and environmentally sustainable way of transporting large numbers of people across longer distances. There are also numerous community benefits of transit for the District.
We have been working closely with TransLink to finalize the new B-Line rapid bus service route that will run along Marine Drive and Main Street across the North Shore. Get the details.
Our transit policy directions
We are working with TransLink to increase transit ridership, guided by these policy directions:
- Consider applications for transit priority measures that make transit more efficient and reliable
- Integrate frequent transit services into the District’s network of centres
- Identify transit exchange improvements that address public safety and community integration
- Support transit riders with infrastructure such as weather protection, wheelchair pads, sidewalks, and curb ramps around bus stops
- Improve walking and cycling connections to transit and continue to provide a more integrated multi-modal network for people of all ages and abilities