3015 - 3059 Woodbine Drive
Omicron Development Inc has submitted a preliminary application to redevelop this property.
The application as submitted proposes a three-storey building with:
- commercial space on the ground floor (fronting both Woodbine Drive and the laneway)
- 22 owned apartments (condos)
Parking for 88 vehicles (31 commercial, 55 residents, 2 visitors) is provided in an underground parkade.
Current status and progress updates
September 29, 2017 — Review of preliminary application completed
Staff have completed their review of the preliminary application, and are awaiting submission of a detailed application.
February 14, 2017 — Preliminary application received
Staff have received the preliminary application, and are currently reviewing it.
Additional proposal details, including site location and overview
The site is currently occupied by two local retail businesses, four rental apartments, and a vacant lot. Part of the vacant lot includes the Peter Rabbit Parklet, a temporary community gathering space donated to the Edgemont Village Business Association by the site owner.
Current land use designation
The Official Community Plan (OCP) designates this site as Commercial Residential Mixed Use Level 1 (CRMU1).
The proposal includes a public plaza at the corner of West Queens Road and Woodbine Drive. It also includes improvements to the lane, which will make it more pedestrian friendly, and bring more commercial activity.
If this project proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
- The proposed floor space ratio (FSR) is 2.16
- There is 1,442 m2 (15,518 sq ft) of commercial space