420, 440 & 460 Mountain Highway and 1510, 1526 & 1530 Crown Street
IBI Group Architects has applied to develop this site.
The application as submitted proposes 350 owned (condominium) apartments and townhouses, plus 2,645 m2 (28,466 sq ft) of commercial space (of which 1,989 m2 (21,410 sq ft) is proposed to be a grocery store), in:
- one 29-storey high rise building
- two five-storey buildings on top of a commercial podium, with an additional five townhomes attached to the podium at street level
It includes 421 residential parking spaces in an underground parkade (375 for residents and 46 for visitors) and 97 parking spaces for commercial use (42 spaces at street level, and 55 spaces on the first level of the parkade).
Current status and progress updates
September 7, 2017 - Early input opportunity
The applicant hosted a public meeting as an opportunity for area residents to learn more about the proposal and share their comments.
May 23, 2017 - Preliminary application received
Staff have received the preliminary application and are currently reviewing it.
Additional proposal details, including site location and overview
The site is currently occupied by five single-family homes, and a garden centre (Dykhof Nurseries).
Seylynn Park is to the northwest, and the existing Firehall #2 (to be relocated) is to the north. A portion of the District road allowance fronting Mountain Highway is proposed to be incorporated into the development site.
Current land use designation
The Official Community Plan (OCP) designates this site as Commercial Residential Mixed Use Level 3 (CRMU3).
If the project proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Creek hazard
The proposed floor space ratio is 3.50.
Other features and benefits
The project includes:
- the south portion of the town centre plaza
- the south portion of the connecting mews to Marie Place Park to the east
- streetscape upgrades along Mountain Highway and Crown Street in front of the property
There will be a new eight metre wide commercial lane on the east side, connecting Crown Street to Hunter Street.
Stay up-to-date on local development proposals
Learn about significant new developments proposed in your neighbourhood, and across the District.