5020 Capilano Road / 1180 Clements Avenue
Three Shores Development has applied to redevelop this property.
The application as submitted proposes a three-storey mixed use building with:
- 16 condominium apartments
- 275 sq m (2,965 sq ft) of commercial space
- parking for 57 vehicles in an underground parkade (38 for residents and 19 for business)
Current status and progress updates
January 18, 2018 — Public information meeting
The applicant is hosting a public information meeting, which we require as part of the application process. Come to a public information meeting to learn more about this project, ask questions, and share your views.
September 27, 2017 — Detailed application received
Staff have received the detailed application, and are currently reviewing it.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The property is currently occupied by a stand-alone one storey restaurant. Capilano River Regional Park is to the west, and there are single-family homes to the north, east, and south.
Current land use designation
The Official Community Plan (OCP) designates this site as Commercial Residential Mixed-Use Level 1 (CRMU1).
If the project proceeds, it will require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Wildfire hazard
There is also a variance required for location of residential use.
The floor space ratio (FSR) is approximately 1.39.