Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Energy, Water, and Greenhouse Gas Development Permit Area (DPA)
Through the Energy, Water, and GHG DPA, we can:
- reduce energy and water consumption in new buildings
- create positive impact on the natural environment
- make the best possible use of existing infrastructure systems
- reduce operation and maintenance costs
- encourage innovation in building design and development
Is your property in an Energy, Water, and GHG DPA?
The purple on this map indicates the boundaries of the Energy, Water, and GHG DPA. if your property is within the boundaries, and you are planning to build or develop, you may need a permit.
Complete DPA overview
You can view complete details of all Development Permit Areas in Schedule B of the Official Community Plan (OCP), including requirements and definitions.
View Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
Specific requirements, guidelines, and exemptions
- Energy, Water, and GHG DPA brochure (PDF; 1.25MB)
- Energy, Water, and GHG DPA details from Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)