Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Form and Character Development Permit Area (DPA)
Through the Form and Character Development Permit Area, we can:
- encourage accessible development
- promote design excellence
- create distinct town and village centres
- improve safety and security in our communities
Is your property within a Form and Character DPA?
The salmon colour on this map indicates the boundaries of the Form and Character DPA. If your property is within the boundaries, you may be required to apply for a development permit.
Complete DPA overview
You can view complete details of all Development Permit Areas in Schedule B of the Official Community Plan (OCP), including requirements and definitions.
View Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
Specific requirements, guidelines, and exemptions
- Form and Character DPA brochure (PDF; 1.46MB)
- Form and Character DPA details from Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)