Find out more about our COVID-19 response and supports for residents and businesses.
Natural Environment Development Permit Area (DPA)
Through the Natural Environment DPA, we can:
- protect our natural setting, ecology and watersheds
- enhance our forests
- conserve environmentally sensitive areas
- protect biodiversity
Is your property within a Natural Environment DPA?
The green on this map indicates the boundaries of the Natural Environment DPA. If your property is within the boundaries, and you are planning to build or alter the land, you many need to apply for a permit.
Complete DPA overview
You can view complete details of all Development Permit Areas in Schedule B of the Official Community Plan (OCP), including requirements and definitions.
View Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
Specific requirements, guidelines, and exemptions
- Natural Environment DPA brochure (PDF; 1.1MB)
- Natural Environment DPA details from Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 7.29MB)
- Natural Environment DPA FAQ (PDF; 100KB)