Find out more about our COVID-19 response.
Slope hazard development permit area (DPA)
The Slope Hazard Development Permit Area helps us:
- minimize the risk to people and property from building on slopes
- ensure that development and construction on slopes is done safely
- prevent any alterations to slopes that could cause instability
- encourage ongoing maintenance and monitoring of steep slopes
Is your property within a Slope Hazard DPA?
The yellow on this map indicates the boundaries of the Slope Hazard DPA. If your property is within the boundaries, and you are planning to build or alter the land, you may need to apply for a permit.
Complete DPA overview
You can view complete details of all Development Permit Areas in Schedule B of the Official Community Plan (OCP), including requirements and definitions.
View Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
Specific requirements, guidelines, and exemptions
- Slope Hazard FAQ (PDF; 107KB)
- Slope Hazard DPA brochure (PDF; 1.51MB)
- Slope Hazard DPA details from Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
- Slope Hazard DPA application form (PDF; 574KB)