Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Streamside Protection Development Permit Area (DPA)
Through the Streamside Protection DPA, we can:
- protect our natural setting, ecosystems, and watersheds
- conserve, enhance, and restore streamside areas
Is your property within a Streamside Protection DPA?
The blue on this map indicates the boundaries of the Streamside Protection DPA. If your property is within the boundaries, and you are planning to build or alter the land, you may need to apply for a development permit.
Complete DPA overview
You can view complete details of all Development Permit Areas in Schedule B of the Official Community Plan (OCP), including requirements and definitions.
View Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
Specific requirements, guidelines, and exemptions
- Streamside Protection DPA FAQ (PDF; 127KB)
- Streamside Protection DPA details from Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
- Streamside Protection DPA application form (PDF; 574MB)