Public hearing: Coach houses
Bylaw 8360 proposes to amend the District’s Zoning Bylaw to enable a simplified, building permit-only approval process for one-storey coach houses on lots at least 15 metres (49.2 feet) wide, and that either have open lane access or are corner lots on local streets.
The proposed amendments address:
- Definitions and permitted zones
- Conditions of use
- Limit of one coach house per property
- Requirement for owner residency on property
- Prohibition where the primary residence contains a secondary suite or more than one boarder or lodger, or coach house located outside Urban Containment Boundary
- Lot width, depth, and setbacks
- Siting, size and height of coach houses, and room sizes
- Floor space and height incentives for energy efficient construction
- Private outdoor space and rear yard coverage
- Vehicle and pedestrian access, and parking
- Prohibition of basements and rooftop decks
- Related offences and fines
How to provide your input
You can speak in person by signing up at the hearing, or you can provide a written submission — by email or letter — to the Municipal Clerk before the conclusion of the hearing.
Please note that Council may not receive further submissions from the public concerning this application after the conclusion of the public hearing.