Road-related permits

To limit impact on traffic, avoid conflicts with other projects, and limit inconvenience to neighbours, you need a permit if you are going to temporarily block a roadway or occupy or undertake construction in a lane of traffic, parking lane, alley, sidewalk, or boulevard for any reason.

If your activity will disrupt typical traffic patterns, you must use the appropriate traffic control methods specified in the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation’s Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways.

In these cases, you must provide a traffic management plan when you submit your permit application.