Special event permit
You need a special event permit to hold a block party, race, or community event on any street in the District.
Planning to hold an event in a District park? Learn the rules and apply
How to apply
To apply for a special event permit:
- Review the terms and conditions of this permit (you will be asked to confirm you have read them when you apply)
- Complete the application form on this page
- Upload any required documents
Documents we require with your application
If you're holding a race or other community event, you need to include these documents with your application:
- Details and a map of the race or route, if applicable
- A copy of a valid District of North Vancouver or inter-municipal business license, if your event is being organized by a business
- Proof of comprehensive general liability insurance, including contractual liability and not-owned auto liability insurance in the amount of $5,000,000.00. The policy must name the District of North Vancouver as an additional insured insofar as the District’s legal liability arises out of the operations of the insured. The policy must be in full force and effect, and must not be cancelled, terminated, materially altered, or allowed to expire unless 30 days prior written notice has been given to the District.
Additional documents you can include
On your application, we'll ask for the proposed location for your event. In addition to providing a street address, you can upload a map or diagram showing the specific location.
Documents we could ask for later
Depending on your event, we may ask you to provide a traffic management or control plan after you submit your application. We'll let you know if this is required after we review your application.
After you submit your application
- We'll review your application form and contact you if we need additional information.
- Once your application review is complete, we'll email you a link to pay the $53 permit fee online. If you prefer not to pay online, you can pay by credit, debit, cash, or cheque by coming to District Hall in person.
- After we process your payment, we'll email you your permit. You should expect to receive it within about one week of submitting your application.
Changing or extending your permit dates
If you need to change or extend your event date after you submit your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org To avoid additional application fees, please give us five days' notice
The cost for a special event permit is $53.
Complete this form to apply for your permit
Be sure you have any required documents available for upload before you begin. You won't be able to save a partially completed form and return to complete it later.