Find out more about our COVID-19 response and supports for residents and businesses.
Due to the potential risks involved, both the purchase and sale of fireworks in the District of North Vancouver are carefully regulated.
If you want to purchase, possess, or set off fireworks within the District, you must apply for a permit.
With a permit, you are allowed to purchase and set off fireworks during specific times:
- October 25 to October 31 — You can purchase fireworks during this period
- October 31 (6pm to 10pm) ― You can set off fireworks during this period
Fireworks permits for 2020 are no longer available
Who can apply
Anyone can apply for a permit to set off fireworks in the District, as long as you:
- will be at least 19 years old when you purchase the fireworks
- intend to use the fireworks on private property
- have permission from the person who owns the property where you plan to set them off
- You do not need to live in the District of North Vancouver to apply for a permit, but you must indicate on the permit where you are going to discharge the fireworks
- The DNV fireworks permit does not give you authority to discharge fireworks in any other municipality or on Crown Land
A fireworks permit costs $5. You pay the fee when you apply online for your permit.