District Hall remains closed for most in-person visits, while community recreation centres, libraries, facilities, parks, and parking lots are reopening carefully as it becomes safe to do so.
How you can prepare for heavy rain
How to prepare for our wet winter weather
- Keep your gutters and downspouts clear of leaves and debris
- Have your perimeter drains inspected regularly by a qualified inspector
- Make sure the storm drains in front of your property are kept clear
- Get to know your neighbours, and watch out for each other
- Make sure you have an emergency kit, in case you need to evacuate
What to watch for during heavy rain
- Avoid small creeks and rivers, as they can fill up quickly and their banks can erode
- Never drive through flood water, as the average car can be swept off the road in 12 inches of moving water
- If you are told to evacuate by emergency personnel, do so immediately
For after hours emergencies (4:30pm to 8:00am) please call 604-990-3666.