Find out more about our COVID-19 response.
How you can prepare for heavy rain
How to prepare for our wet winter weather
- Keep your gutters and downspouts clear of leaves and debris
- Have your perimeter drains inspected regularly by a qualified inspector
- Make sure the storm drains in front of your property are kept clear
- Get to know your neighbours, and watch out for each other
- Make sure you have an emergency kit, in case you need to evacuate
What to watch for during heavy rain
- Avoid small creeks and rivers, as they can fill up quickly and their banks can erode
- Never drive through flood water, as the average car can be swept off the road in 12 inches of moving water
- If you are told to evacuate by emergency personnel, do so immediately
For after hours emergencies (4:30pm to 8:00am) please call 604-990-3666.