Jump On A New Heat Pump
We're working with the other North Shore municipalities and the province’s CleanBC program to help homeowners make energy efficiency upgrades to their home.
Looking for support with your home energy upgrades?
We've expanded our Jump on a New Heat Pump program to offer additional services for residents including ongoing concierge-style support from an energy expert to help answer questions and give expert advice. Start with a free virtual home energy consultation.
North Shore homeowner discusses making the decision to install a heat pump
Watch and find out why heat pumps are a better way to heat your home
There's up to $11,000 in rebates currently available from the federal and provincial governments to support heat pumps. In response to the availability of these rebates, we are making changes to municipal top-up offers to focus our support on areas where senior government rebates are limited.
Our municipal top-up rebate for heat pump installations will no longer be offered for installations completed after September 30, 2023.
See below for rebates currently available. The provincial and federal rebate programs require separate applications.
CleanBC Better Homes Program (provincial rebates)
- Receive up to $6,000 to switch from fossil fuel heating to a heat pump. Be sure to register with the North Shore group purchase code: GPR0209-EXP26/09/2023-CBC, and include it in your application to receive up to $500 in additional rebates.
- Receive up to $2,000 for an electric service upgrade when converting from a fossil fuel heating system. This includes a $1500 top-up rebate from the District.
- Receive a $1,350 rebate for a high efficiency heat pump water heater. This includes a $350 top-up rebate from the District.
Canada Greener Homes Program (federal rebates)
- Receive a grant of up to $5,000 and an interest-free loan of up to $40,000 from Canada Greener Homes to make energy efficiency home updates, including switching to a heat pump.
We recently hosted a webinar for homeowners to learn more about heat pumps, free virtual home energy check-ups, and current rebates. Watch the video.
View a recording of our July webinar to find out tips from industry experts.
- How heat pumps work
- Types of heat pump systems
- Is a heat pump right for you
- Navigating heat pump rebates
- What you need to know when installing a heat pump
- Learn more about heat pumps at CleanBC
- CleanBC resources on home heating, cooling and heat pumps
- BCIT Zero Emissions Building Innovation Lab on the science of heat pumps
- CleanBC Income Qualified Program
This campaign is part of the North Shore municipalities efforts towards addressing climate change and supports our Community Energy and Emissions Plan. This program was developed with financial support from BC Hydro.