Tree protection and permits

Permits for removing trees

You need a permit if you want to remove or prune any protected tree (such as a large diameter tree, wildlife tree, heritage tree, tree on waterfront or wetland, or a tree on District property).

Learn about tree permits

Need help with a tree near your property?

If there is an issue with a District tree near your property, you can report it using our online form.

Was this page helpful?

Thanks for your input.