We make committee appointments according to the Community Committees of Council policy, which ensures that membership is diverse and broadly reflective of the community with respect to age, gender, cultural background, occupation, and neighbourhood.
Applications for all committees are accepted throughout the year and kept on file for one year in the case of an opening.
Committees currently looking for volunteers
- Advisory Design Panel (representative on accessibility issues)
- Child Care Grants Advisory Committee
- Community Heritage Advisory Committee
- Community Services Advisory Committee
- Golf Facilities Strategic Working Group (member of North Shore Public Golf Course Society)
- Official Community Plan (OCP) Implementation Monitoring Committee
Would you like to be on a committee?
If you are a resident of North Vancouver District and would like to volunteer to serve on a Committee, you can apply online.
Or if you prefer to apply in person, you can bring your resume to the Clerk's Office at District Hall. Please include a cover letter that details your background/experience/expertise that is relevant to the committee you are applying to join.