Child care grant program
We provide grants to registered non-profit child care providers who are located in the District, or who provide a unique service on the North Shore that benefits District families.
Grant applicants should be innovative, enhance childcare, and address our child care priorities, which are determined by the Childcare Grants Committee each year.
We are accepting expressions of interest until Monday, April 11, 2016 at 4:30pm
How to apply
To apply for a grant, download and submit an Expression of Interest form.
Our committee will review your expression of interest, and if they determine that your proposed project or program meets District priorities, you will be invited to submit a formal application.
This formal application allows the committee to review your project in greater detail and to provide a basis for grant recommendations to Council.
Did you receive a grant in 2015?
If your organization received a child care grant in 2015, you will also need to submit an Evaluation and Accountability form, which outlines how your grant was used.
Where to submit your forms
Please either email or mail your completed forms to Cristina Rucci at District Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who can apply
To be eligible for a child care grant, your facility must be in the District of North Vancouver, or offer a unique service on the North Shore for District families.
Your organization must also:
- be a registered non-profit society in good standing with the Registrar of Companies for at least one year, or be sponsored by a registered non-profit society in good standing for at least one year
- have a volunteer independent governing body
- extend its services to the general public in the District, and not exclude anyone by reason of race, religion, or ethnic background
- not act as a funding body or make grants to any other groups or organizations
- be forming partnerships and seeking monies from other funding sources, or contributing your own funds (money or in-kind) to the project, when appropriate
- have submitted all accountability forms on time, if previously funded